Thursday, August 11, 2011

End of Summer Sale!!!





Excerpt from Missing in Action, A Sequel To Jadon and Gabe: The Not so Saintly Horses

I wandered down several dirt roads that have a layer of river bottom gravel covering the surface. I stopped to nibble the tender green native grass along the side of the road. I realized that it was now very dark and I only had the glimmer of the moon light to go by. I spotted an opening in a fence and eagerly climbed though relieving my painful abused hooves, from the harsh gravel. I felt a sight rumbling of the ground beneath my hoofs. I didn't think that central Texas had earthquakes, but I could be mistaken. As the rumbling got stronger, I was able to see a huge shadow soaring toward me with immense speed. A trail of steam poured from his nostrils, and he had horns as big as Texas sticking out of his head, they alerted me that I was about to get gored by a gigantic bull, if I didn't act fast. The closer he got the more the earth below me moved. I was splattered with slobber and felt his breath on my neck as I leaped out of the way, just in time. The bull turned. He put his head to the ground. Slinging his saliva from side to side while pawing up clouds of sand, he estimated his next charge directed toward me.

WAIT, I yelled as loud as I could. This got his attention and he stopped pawing the ground. He raised his head, and stared at me. "You had me scared there for a moment. yup, I thought that I was a goner for sure." I kept talking, praying to not be thrown into the next world. "My name is Jadon, what's your name? you do have a name, don't you?" The more I talked, the more tranquil the bull seemed to become. "Yup, my owners named me Jadon because it means, God has heard. Pretty cool, don't you think? I'm looking for my pal. His name is Gabe and he is a horse, like me. He is a....oh, about this tall and with an attitude that leaves a lot to be desired. Have you seen him?"

"A horse? ha, ha. You must be joking. A horse indeed. Do you really think this looks like a place that would have toy horses? Do you have a genetic defect? You look like a horse but you also look like a toy, something to play with. Come on over here so that I can throw you around. This might be fun."

"Sir, I assure you that I am full grown. I have all of the same qualities of a regular size horse. The only difference is that I am a miniature size. My buddy Gabe is also a miniature horse. Have you seen him?"......

For a signed copy please mail a check or money order for $5.00 plus $3.50 S/H total of $8.50 to:
B.J. Schonert, P.O. Box 9077, College Station, Texas 77842

No comments:

Post a Comment